A polypouch, otherwise known as doypack, standup bag, or plastic pouch, is a type of packaging produced from multi-laminate plastic films. Today, plastic is arguably the most commonly used type of packaging and pouches are increasingly growing in popularity in the flexible packaging industry due to their versatility and environmental benefits when compared to other packaging methods.
Here are the top 10 advantages of using pouches:
1. Pouches are truly flexible and adaptable. You can customise the shape, size and materials according to your unique specifications.
2. Pouches are lightweight and reduce storage space. Polypouches also use fewer resources to produce than other common types of packaging such as plastic tubs and tins. Plastic pouches also cut down the environmental impact of your products by reducing the carbon footprint during transportation and also produce less wastage on disposal.
3. Multi-laminate pouches can survive extreme environments. They don’t easily degrade in hot and cold temperatures.
4. Plastic is resistant to water. Metallic pouches, in particular, have high barrier properties to protect your products from moisture.
5. Plastic is also hygienic. It protects your products from oxygen, dust, light and odours.
6. Due to the versatility of pouches, it is possible to optimise their recyclability. It is increasingly likely that the flexible packaging industry will move towards full recycling of packaging products and as such we are able to customise them to suit the end-of-life use.
7. Pouches enable product manufacturers to clearly and professionally include all nutritional (food products) and marketing information without having to apply costly and time-consuming labels. Using high-quality rotogravure printing we can really make your products stand out!
8. Pouch packaging is consumer-friendly. Customers can simply tear open the pouch to access the contents. Grip seal closures can be used to enable easy opening or sealing for repeated use of products – no need to eat all of your chocolate at once anymore!
9. Plastic packaging is highly economical and instantly impacts on consumers in a retail environment. Cottage-style manufacturers can quickly compete effectively in saturated marketplaces against household brands.
Polypouch UK is a leading supplier of flexible packaging products in the UK. Printed and bespoke pouches are our speciality. Our pouches are available in different sizes, types, formats, in full colour or plain form – they can be made to suit your requirements.
The Pouch Specialists